Tuesday 4 October 2011

Final Draft of CV

In my final draft I have decided to remove my date of birth. Knowing my age could possibly put people off employing me if I am auditioning for a job where I am supposed to look a certain age and my date of birth is not that age. Without it I can try and look a certain age instead.
I also added the Qr code as Aicha suggested. At the moment it links to my starting out on BAPP video but I intend to change it so it links to my showreel.
I have uploaded this CV as my final draft but of course any feedback is always welcome.
Final draft of CV
Emily

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily

    Love the CV and I meant to say earlier but your head shot is really fascinating (in a good way). Your eyes are really engaging and the angle used in the shot makes it instantly draw your focus as it's different to most other, lovely, but normal squarely angled shots people use.

    Great idea with the QR, I shall try this out myself.
    Your other skills section is a little unclear to read (formatting issue I think) and I agree with you re the DOB. Best not to give them any reason to pass you over for a job, I do the same myself. I have however included a playing age (mine is 22-32 i think) so they don't worry that maybe you have an old head shot that no longer represents you well, if this is all they have to go on. I think it helps them feel more comfortable with their decision to help them see me in that role. Just a thought for you.

    Let me know your thoughts on my CV and profile.
    PS-you are my first comment from my blog ap, you should feel very honoured. (fingers crossed it works now and you get this)

    Stay safe - Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Emily

    The CV looks great, and I've tested the QR code which goes directly to your video - great job! Like you, I plan to link it to a showreel eventually but this is good to demonstrate your intent. I think any changes you make now to your CV will just be a matter of individual taste, as you seem to have covered all bases!

    ReplyDelete