Friday 14 October 2011

further thoughts about task 2a and b

I’ve been keeping a reflective journal for about 2 weeks now alongside my personal journal which I have kept on and off at different points in my life. From writing these 2 journals I’ve noticed that in my personal journal I tend to talk openly about how I feel, yet in my reflective journal I seem to only write about things that happened in the day, just an order of events. This is not really reflecting though, is it? Surely in order to reflect I need to talk about the emotions I was feeling at the time or write about what I thought went well or could be improved. I try but am feeling a bit inhibited at the moment and I don't understand why.
I think I need to establish what I need to be thinking about in order to do well In reflective practice. Does anybody else find it difficult to write a reflective journal?
Sometimes I think i’ll be just getting there and then I may lose my train of thought.  What do you find you are thinking about when you are writing in your reflective journal?
Maybe I have just not not found a style of reflective writing that suits me professional journal yet.
I would appreciate any advice anybody has, thanks, Emily

1 comment:

  1. Hi Emily, I saw the post you left on my blog about my refelction journal and just having read what you're feeling i hope I can help a bit...
    So far Î've written about some rehearsals I've had with inspirational people, how I have learned new steps in new Ballets-thinking about Kolbs learning cycle. Also Ive reflected on performances, and just general personal notes and corrections to myself. I'm not sure what's right and wrong in this task, I suppose it's very individual and also depends on what kind of Professional Practice you are doing. Seeing as we are both dancing anad away from 'home' I think we could also wrtie and refect about this. Can I ask-where are you at the moment? :) Somewhere nice? How are you finding getting interent connections on board??
    Alicia.

    ReplyDelete