Tuesday 4 October 2011

Learning

Hey everyone, I hope the session went well today. I couldn't make it but managed to talk to Adesola via Skype. We were talking about how we learn after we already know something. For example I have learned a show and it's ready to go onstage but I haven't learned everything about it yet. Some things you don't learn until other things have happened and its only by accident that you learn them. For example I learned in my first week on board that for one of the costumes I have to loop my skirt onto my fingers before my glove because otherwise there's a chance it could be knocked out of my hand by my partner. I only learned this because by accident my partner knocked my skirt loop off my finger and it was because I had put my glove on before my skirt. I learned this through experience, but in what other ways have I learned things? Which step of Kolb's learning cycle is it where I tend to learn things most?
I'm going to think about this in a way as Adesola suggested, a "CV of things that I have learned" and then hopefully look at this CV and see a pattern of how I learned these things.
Just writing this has made it all a bit clearer to me.
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment